About the Practice...
Our Physicians are all Board Certified in Pediatrics and are on staff at Women and Infants Hospital and Rhode Island Hasbro Children's Hospital.
Offices and Hours
The Cumberland office scheduled hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Alternating Saturday office hours are 10:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Cumberland office also stays open as late as needed for sick appointments. The North Smithfield office hours are 10:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday. Our physicians are all Board Certified in Pediatrics and are on staff at Women and Infants Hospital and Rhode Island Hasbro Children's Hospital.
Why we are Different
- Patients are only seen by one of our five Board Certified Pediatricians. We encourage our parents and patients to get to know all five physicians but appointments can be made with a specific Pediatrician.
- Blackstone Valley Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine is committed to parents and children. Although scheduled office hours may end at 6:00 p.m., we are committed to remaining at the office until every sick child is seen by a Pediatrician. A physician is on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our waiting room is large, comfortable and divided to keep healthy and sick patients separated. However, we do not want you to enjoy our waiting room. Our schedule is constructed with minimum waiting time. There is absolutely no double booking, sick call visits are built in, back-up slots are included and adolescents are always scheduled with double time slots.
- Blackstone Valley Pediatric & Adolescent Medicine will work with parents to alleviate any differences in opinion or fears in treatment such as antibiotic use and vaccines, as long as the child's health is not compromised. Parents do not leave the office until their concerns are addressed.
- Blackstone Valley Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine have the most technologically advanced vision and hearing screeners. The equipment is so effective that even a child who happens to be in a bad mood can have his or her vision and hearing properly evaluated. We also have a fully licensed CLIA lab on the premises so that both rapid and regular throat cultures can be done without inconveniencing parents.
- We have the services of a Licensed Pediatric Nutritionist who is available for all our pediatric patient's specialized nutritional needs.